The Cult of Ascent
Cult of Ascent
The Cult of Ascent was founded and led by an elf named Valgas.
The Testimony of Valgas reads thus:
- Valgas was once a highly esteemed noble
- Valgas falls from political esteem
- Valgas was approached by a being that called himself Xaviliax.
- Xaviliax told Valgas that his return to nobility was through serving his celestial cause. A war was raging in the heavens. Good was winning, but to maintain the momentum, the celestial powers that be had decided it was time to exalt worthy beings to aid their cause, their reward being an eternity of an exalted existance in the Celestial Realm.
- Xaviliax bestowed a holy relic unto Valgas. The Chest of Providence.
- Xaviliax instructed Valgas that his task was to help every man, woman and child to become exalted. He was to present men and women to the chest and when they reached their hands inside, they would be tested.
- Those deemed worthy would be exalted into the celestial realm.
- Those deemed unworthy would be given a gift of appreciation to keep trying harder.
- Valgas was instructed to only present people to the Chest once a month.
- Valgas was instructed that any one person could be tried again and again if they failed in succession, tho only once a month.
- Xaviliax promised to Valgas his reward would be a high position amongst the celestial beings if he was faithful to this task, and a gold scroll was signed.